Part-time (Monday – Friday with possible occasional evenings)
Assists in the maintenance and improvement operations of YMCA facilities and vehicles, including preventative maintenance.
1. Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems
2. Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner
3. Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA
4. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment
5. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed
6. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and reports incidents and hazardous conditions to Director
7. Other duties as assigned
1. High school graduate or equivalent, minimum age 18 years
2. Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry and other maintenance-related areas
3. Current driver’s license with record that meets YMCA standards
4. Familiarity with personal computers helpful
5. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
6. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals and other documents
7. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment
8. Complete online trainings within 60 days of hire: Hazard Communication, Safe Lifting, Slips, Trips and Falls
9. Attend YMCA Living Our Cause and Listen First trainings within 60 days of hire
10. CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 60 days of employment
11. Ability to attain a CDL license for 65 passenger bus preferred
12. Six months or more of related experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move 50 pounds or greater, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, hear and have visual acuity.
The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out an Employment Application and e-mail it to email@example.com or mail it to us at 601 Riverview Drive, South Sioux City, Nebraska 68776. You can also stop in at the Y and complete an application in person at any time during normal business hours. Also include current certifications.
Download Employment Application