Water Aerobics Instructor
Part-time weekday morning (8:00 AM) and/or evening classes
Instructs group aquatics classes, provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with Y policies and procedures.
1. Leads group aquatics classes to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals
2. Conducts energizing, fun, safe and educational classes
3. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA
4. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members
5. Keeps accurate class attendance records
6. Follow the Y’s policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations
1. Required certifications at hire or within first 90 days of employment: CPR, First Aid, AED, water aerobics certification through YMCA, AEA or USWFA
2. Certification in areas of expertise
3. At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred
1. Ability to conduct aquatics classes and activities relating to fitness
2. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out an Employment Application and e-mail it to email@example.com or mail it to us at 601 Riverview Drive, South Sioux City, Nebraska 68776. You can also stop in at the Y and complete an application in person at any time during normal business hours. Also include current certifications.