Youth Dance Instructor
Part-time, week nights
The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA is looking for a Youth Dance Instructor who shares our passion for health and is committed to making a difference in our community. Potential candidates must be mature, energetic and responsible.
1. Plan, design, and implement our Youth Dance Program.
2. Assist the Wellness Director on communication to families and evaluation of the program.
1. Responsible for set up and clean up.
2. Lesson planning for each class that is fun, educational and creative.
3. Arrive at least 15 minutes before class time and be ready to teach.
4. Obtain class roster from Wellness Director prior to session start date. Responsible for taking attendance of class participants during the session.
5. Welcome each participant and their parents.
6. See that each class includes: introduction, review, skill development, personal growth, and safety.
7. Keep the room neat and clean. Report any damaged equipment and recommendations to the Wellness Director.
8. Do not turn children away if they are not on your class roster. Include them in your class and clear it up later with the Wellness Director.
9. Be consistent, courteous, and helpful and most of all …. Make sure that all of the kids have FUN!
10. Keep Wellness Director informed at all times when you are in need of a substitute.
11. Weave YMCA core values and mission into class curriculum: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
1. Instructor must possess the desire and capability to work with children (Pre-school and School Age).
2. Strong background in dance and previous dance instruction preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
1. CPR/AED and First Aid Certification (can acquire upon hire)
2. Child Abuse Prevention (can acquire upon hire)
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out an Employment Application and e-mail it to email@example.com or mail it us at 601 Riverview Drive, South Sioux City, Nebraska 68776. You can also stop in at the Y and complete an application in person at any time during normal business hours.