STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY IS OUR CAUSE
The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA is launching its annual fundraising campaign February 2. The goal is to ensure that all Siouxlanders have access to vital community programs and resources that support youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Every day, the Y works to assist the individuals and families that need it most by addressing community issues such as chronic disease, summer learning loss and cancer survivor wellbeing.
“Throughout Siouxland, countless people know the name: the Y. But there’s so much more to our Y than one might think,” said Y Development Director Molly Hewitt. “The Y is more than just a gym and swim; it’s a cause. As a non-profit organization, we’re dedicated to nurturing the potential of every child, improving the community’s health and giving back by providing support to our neighbors. Only through generous contributions are we able to offer so many programs and help so many.”
Last year, the Y raised $102,000 in annual gifts that directly supported youth and wellness programming. The goal for 2105 is even higher.
• 140 Y Summer Campers found fun and learning at Y Camp with 90% of campers maintaining and improving math and reading skills.
• 3,100 kids enjoyed Y Youth Sports while incorporating fun, sportsmanship and skill development.
• 840 children received swimming lessons and water safety instruction at the Y.
• 400 Active Older Adults found a place to belong and share in health, wellness and friendship.
• 50 Prescription Health participants maintained quality of life and found support through Y wellness programs.
• 40 LIVESTRONG at the YMCA cancer survivors found strength and comfort as they focused on wellness and new beginnings.
• Finally, the Y awarded over $335,000 in youth scholarship, membership assistance and program assistance.
To learn how you can give to support the Y’s annual campaign and programs, call (402) 404-8439 or follow us on social media @nwsymca.
Give. Join. Volunteer.
The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA has been an essential part of the Siouxland community for over 125 years. As a diverse non-profit organization, all members, volunteers, staff and contributors are joined together by the shared commitment to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y strives to provide programs that build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all!