Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA seeks dynamic, experienced fundraiser to lead effort for financial development to advance the YMCA’s mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and special events.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT – Full-time, exempt, benefited
With the CEO, leads effort for financial development to advance the YMCA’s mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and special events. Assists the CEO in developing a volunteer board of directors that is actively engaged in fundraising, and in positioning the YMCA as a “charity of choice” for the investment of donations within the local community.
- Directs and coordinates capital development, annual campaign and endowment programs.
- Serves as primary staff to the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
- Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects. Maintains database resource file on top community leaders.
- Prepares and coordinates proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations.
- Develops systems and manages resources needed to carry out the fundraising plans. Establishes and monitors the development budget for the Y.
- With CEO, develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the association.
- Tracks all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports as needed.
- Provides training in fundraising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
- Develops communication plans to insure members, participants and the community understand the case for support. May help plan and direct the marketing and communication plan; may plan and oversee annual reports, newsletters, brochures and reports related to fundraising.
- Represents the Y as required by the CEO.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Professional experience in fundraising in the YMCA or another not-for-profit.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
- Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
- Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
- Foundation and government grant writing expertise.
- Detail oriented and able to coordinate all aspects of event planning and implementation.
HOW TO APPLY: Send résumé and cover letter that directly addresses the following:
- Any detailing of fundraising or directly related experience.
- Reason for wanting to work for the Y.
- Specific salary expectations.