Y Sports programs provide a wholesome, values-oriented atmosphere that provides developmentally appropriate, values-based instruction designed not only to help children develop sports skills, but to develop those skills in an environment that emphasizes and rewards character as much as physical development.
The Y is a leader in offering quality youth sports programs, programs that discourage winning-at-all-costs and instead encourage fun, skill development, fitness, teamwork, fair play and family involvement. The purpose of Y Youth Sports is not only to teach skills more effectively, but also to teach young people to become more effective adults.
Sports currently offered include: Basketball, Soccer, Football (flag and tackle) and T-Ball.
In the event of inclement weather, programming at the Y (Group Fitness classes, Youth Sports and Wellness programs) may be offered at a limited basis or cancelled for the day. Please subscribe to our Twitter and Facebook pages in order to get updates regarding program changes.
Goals of Y Youth Sports are:
1. To build self-esteem;
2. To teach social skills – values, communication, human relations;
3. To teach physical skills, fitness and health;
4. To develop responsibility and decision-making skills;
5. To enhance leadership skills in youth and adults;
6. To build relationships among peers and between parent and child;
7. To support and strengthen family life;
8. To create fun experiences for children and their families.
The Y believes that character development, focusing on the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, is an essential element of its sports program.