At the Y, we believe that children learn best through play.
Our preschool programs integrate purposeful and intentionally planned activities that are designed to be fun and engaging while teaching children valuable skills.
We nurture development by providing a safe place to learn foundational skills, develop healthy, trusting relationships plus cultivate fine and gross motor skills. We plan our classes to develop each child’s self-esteem and strong image of self-worth. In every class, we encourage children to explore, ask questions and solve problems.
PRESCHOOL – 3 YEAR OLD
*Child must turn 3 & be potty-trained prior to September 7th
TIME: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
PRICE: Member $90/month | Community $110/month
PRESCHOOL – 4 YEAR OLD
*Child must turn 4 & be potty-trained prior to September 7th
TIME: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
PRICE: Member $120/month | Community $140/MONTH
Y PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION 2020/2021:
– Non-refundable Registration Fees $40 per child (due at time of registration)
– 1st Month’s Tuition (due August 1st, 2020)
CLASSES BEGIN SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2020!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-404-8439.
The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA Preschool is located at Dakota Valley Elementary School at 1150 Northshore Drive, North Sioux City, SD 57049
WHO CAN ENROLL:
Any child eligible for preschool between the ages of 3-5 years old. Students are not required to be within in the Dakota Valley District to enroll!
CALENDAR & WEATHER POLICY:
The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA Preschool will follow the Dakota Valley School District’s calendar. We will observe the same vacation and school days out as the district. If the district closes school due to inclement weather, Y preschool will also be canceled. The Y Preschool coordinator and director reserve the right to change this at any time and will notify you promptly.
Y Preschool will take pre-scheduled field trips that align with our curriculum. Parents/guardians will be notified of these trips in advance. Our students will also swim 1-2 times a month at the Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA. Teachers and staff will be in attendance of these field trips and parent volunteers are always welcome. We ask that siblings do not attend with the parents.
A snack will be served at each session. A “snack bag” will be sent home with your child on a regular rotating schedule. When the bag comes home, you are asked to fill it with enough snacks for the class for the NEXT school day. You must bring 2 food groups. You will find a list of approved snacks in the parent handbook.
We are a Peanut Free Zone for the safety of all that use our classrooms both with the preschool, afterschool and additional child programs. Please refrain from sending peanut and nut related items in your child’s snack for the safety of all children.
While we are committed to being a peanut allergy-friendly facility, we cannot guarantee that peanuts will not find their way into our facility. We ask that you continue to take every precaution to protect yourself and your children from unwanted exposure to peanut allergens.
The monthly tuition is due on the first day of the month and begins on August 1st. Late payments will incur a $25 late fee. Payments not received by the 15th of the month prior to service will result in discontinued preschool for your child.
– Tuition may be paid in the form of a credit/debit card or bank draft. If a draft or charge is returned due to insufficient funds payment in cash, money order, or a credit/debit card along with a $25 returned draft fee is to be paid at the Member service desk.
– Enrollment in the preschool program requires payment of each month’s full tuition whether or not the child attends classes.
– Refunds are not given for days missed due to illness or vacation.
– Consideration will be given due to extenuating circumstances, based on individual situations, and at the discretion of the Preschool Coordinator and Director.
– Program Assistance available on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Y for more information.