Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
STAY HEART HEALTHY
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program is designed to help participants with hypertension lower their blood pressure by following an evidence-based program that combines blood pressure self-monitoring, nutrition education and personalized support.
As part of the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program, participants will measure their blood pressure at least two times a month for four consecutive months—a minimum of eight times, and record their blood pressure readings in a self-selected tracking tool. A nutrition education component will encourage the participants to practice healthier eating habits, including reducing sodium in their diet.
– A simple, evidence-based program that may lower blood pressure
– Personalized support from a Y Healthy Heart Ambassador
– Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health
– Easy-to-use, portable self-tracking tool
– Heart healthy nutrition education seminars
Participants must meet the following criteria to participate in the program:
– Must be at least 18 years old
– Must be diagnosed with high blood pressure
– Must not have experienced a recent cardiac event
– Must not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias
– Must not be at risk for lymphedema
12:00 AM – 1:00 PM