YOUR Y IS EVERY Y
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues).
At the Y, we believe that positive, lasting personal and social change can come about only when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors.
This strengthening of community and the realization of a Y’s full potential—has the most impact when all Y’s are open to all Y members and provide safe and welcoming environments for everyone.
With Nationwide Membership, members can visit any participating Y in the United States and Puerto Rico through membership at their home Y, at no additional cost. Nationwide Membership is an essential part of our cause to strengthen communities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
– Valid for active, full facility YMCA members
– Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time
– Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership
– If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
– If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program. Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
– You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
As your safety, and that of your family’s, is always our primary concern, all YMCAs conduct regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Director at your branch