Aqua Fitness Reservations
We can’t wait to get you back into the pool!
Though the immediate threat of the pandemic might have decreased and facilities are being reopened, health officials warn that another wave of the virus might emerge, even months after the first wave of the pandemic. Given this possibility, and to help reassure and meet expectations of our constituents, the following safety guidelines are being implemented for fitness pool usage during Phase 1:
For each hour the facility is open Monday-Saturday: there are 8 lanes available for fitness swimmers to use unless there are swimming lessons or Aqua Group Fitness Classes. During the week swim Reservations times will be limited Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8am-9am & Monday and Wednesday from 5:30pm-6:30pm. The Swim reservation times on Saturdays will vary based on swimming lesson schedules. Each reservation includes 60 minutes of swim time. Lap swimmers and fitness swimmers can reserve a lane, there is no open swim available during this time.
Reservations will be made on a weekly basis and by phone calls only. Swimmers may reserve one spot a day, five days a week. If no one is registered to swim after you, you may stay for the allotted swim time. We want to make sure that as many swimmers as possible are able to utilize the pool efficiently during phase one. Let’s work together as a team to make this possible!
- Wear your face mask and have swimsuit already on before entering the facility. Arrive as close as possible to your scheduled swim time. There will be lockers available to use in the private changing rooms.
- Each of the changing rooms has a functional restroom, though showers will not be available for use during phase one.
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Equipment such as pool noodles, aqua dumbbells, kick boards and pull buoys will not be available for use in Phase 1. Swimmers may bring their own equipment.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can. Bring a full water bottle from home to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle.
- Follow the walking path around the pool when on deck, walking clockwise around the fitness pool and still staying six feet from others while walking on the pool deck.
- Follow directions from the lifeguard on deck, follow guidelines for spacing and stay at least six feet apart from others.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing from others swimming if/when taking a break in, or outside of the pool.
- Do not make physical contact with others, such as shaking hands or giving a high five.
- Avoid touching your face until you are able to properly wash your hands.
- Four rooms will be available for use in the private changing rooms, (No showers will be available in the changing rooms, there is a rinse off station on deck).
- All swimmers must wait for the changing rooms while still spaced out six feet apart from others. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water before leaving the changing rooms.
- All swimmers are asked to be out of the changing rooms before the end of the hour.