ENSURE BRIGHT FUTURES
At the Y, you will find a nurturing, safe and positive environment where all children can play, learn, grow and develop social skills.
With the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility as our guide, we work with you every day to help your children have fun while realizing their full potential as they have the opportunity to make friends, get active and discover who they are and what they can achieve.
Our activities give your kids the chance to become confident today and healthier & happier tomorrow.
We have two separate Child Care Centers at the Y:
CHILD WATCH (3 months – preschool age)
For the convenience of our members, the Y provides limited Child Watch service free of charge to members with a Household membership during posted hours.
Your child’s time in our Child Watch will be a fun, enriching experience with activities, games, crafts and great opportunities for socialization and development.
Child Watch gives your child quality care in a safe and fun environment while you are at the Y.
Our caring and professional Child Watch staff are all certified in CPR and First Aid to ensure the safety of your children during their visit. In addition, our staff works hard to develop a variety of age-appropriate activities to keep your children active and engaged!
Finally, our staff serves as positive role models for your child, personifying the Y’s core values- caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
|CHILD WATCH HOURS|
|Monday – Friday||8:45 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Monday – Friday||4:15 PM – 7:45 PM|
|Saturday||7:45 AM – 12:00 PM|
(Child Watch use is limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day.)
YOUTH CENTER (Kindergarten – 14 years old)
For the convenience of our members, the Y provides a supervised Youth Center area with games, crafts and lots of social interaction. Kids can hang out and make new friends in a safe, fun and positive place. The Youth Center contains games, books, crafts, and even an Xbox Kinect to keep kids moving and interactive with technology!
|YOUTH CENTER HOURS|
|Monday – Friday||4:15 PM – 7:45 PM|
|Saturday||7:45 AM- 12:00 AM|
(Youth Center use is limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day.)
Child Care is FREE for members with a Household membership.
• Child Care is a member benefit only and therefore is not available to Day Pass purchasers.
• Members may bring a guest child to Child Watch or the Youth Center, but must purchase a youth Day Pass at Member Services for that community member child.
• For their safety, all children must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian (18+) upon each visit to Child Watch and the Youth Center. The parent/guardian who signs the child in must also sign the child out unless prior arrangements have been made with Child Care staff. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to check kids in or out of Child Watch or the Youth Center.
• Parents/guardians must remain in the Y facility while their children are in Child Care.
• Child Care hours are based on usage and are subject to change to better meet member and parent needs.
• Child Watch and the Youth Center will close 30 minutes prior to its scheduled closing time if no children are present.
• Educational opportunities focus on fine motor, gross motor, language, creative arts and manipulative development.
• Enjoy lots of games and planned activities in this staffed-area.
• Nightly-themes focus on nutrition, crafts, science and other hands-on projects.
• Child Watch Staff can provide diaper changes, but only with the consent of a parent. Parents must provide the child’s personal supplies: diapers, wipes, labeled bottles, a comfort item, etc.
• If your child has recently had a contagious illness or has an allergy, please inform Child Care staff.
• For the health and wellbeing of other children & staff, please do not use Child Watch or the Youth Center if your child is ill or has been ill in the past 24 hours. Child Care staff reserve the right to turn away any children that exhibit symptoms of illness.
• For the comfort of all kids in Child Watch and the Youth Center, we will page a parent if attempts to calm a crying child are unsuccessful after 10 – 15 minutes.
• With parent permission upon arrival, children ages 9 – 14 can check themselves out of the Youth Center to use other parts of the Y on their own.