ENSURE BRIGHT FUTURES
At the Y, you will find a nurturing, safe and positive environment where all children can play, learn, grow and develop social skills.
With the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility as our guide, we work with you every day to help your children have fun while realizing their full potential as they have the opportunity to make friends, get active and discover who they are and what they can achieve.
Our activities give your kids the chance to become confident today and healthier & happier tomorrow.
We have two separate Child Care Centers at the Y:
There are some exciting changes coming our way to our Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA Youth Center and Child Watch rooms! Effective November 11th, 2019, these two rooms will be combining into one room called: “Y-Kidz Center.” We are excited for this opportunity to change up our room structure, staff involvement, facility usage, and scheduled activities we do with our younger YMCA members!
Monday – Friday:…………8:45AM – 12:00PM & 4:15PM – 7:45PM
Saturday:……………………..7:45AM – 12:00PM
Ages:……………………………..3mo – PreK & K – 10yo
The check in process will all take place in the old Child Watch room, now called “Y-Kidz Center.” However, whenever there are more than five kids in the K-10yo age bracket, one staff member will take them out of the Y-Kidz Center room to participate in activities throughout our YMCA facility such as: the gym, party room, old Youth Center room, etc. If your child is away when you arrive to pick them up, our staff will help you check them out & direct you to the location they went for that portion of the evening.
Also, here is a quick reminder on our facility age guidelines outside of the Y-Kidz Center:
-9 & up may use the Family Fun Pool & gym without parental guidance.
-12 & up may be dropped off at the YMCA with no parent needed.
-14 & up may use the Wellness Floor after completing Equipment Orientation.
We are excited for the opportunity to introduce leadership skills & teach our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility through building an entry level leadership program through the combination of these two rooms.
Youth Development Director
Y-Kidz Center (3 months – 10 YO)
For the convenience of our members, the Y provides limited Y-Kidz Center service free of charge to members with a Household membership during posted hours.
Your child’s time in our Y-Kidz Center will be a fun, enriching experience with activities, games, crafts and great opportunities for socialization and development.
The Y-Kidz Center gives your child quality care in a safe and fun environment while you are at the Y.
Our caring and professional Y-Kidz Center staff are all certified in CPR and First Aid to ensure the safety of your children during their visit. In addition, our staff works hard to develop a variety of age-appropriate activities to keep your children active and engaged!
Finally, our staff serves as positive role models for your child, personifying the Y’s core values- caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
|Monday – Friday||8:45 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Monday – Friday||4:15 PM – 7:45 PM|
|Saturday||7:45 AM – 12:00 PM|
(Y-Kidz Center use is limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day.)
Child Care is FREE for members with a Household membership.
• Child Care is a member benefit only and therefore is not available to Day Pass purchasers.
• Members may bring a guest child to the Y-Kidz Center, but must purchase a youth Day Pass at Member Services for that community member child.
• For their safety, all children must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian (18+) upon each visit to the Y-Kidz Center. The parent/guardian who signs the child in must also sign the child out unless prior arrangements have been made with Child Care staff. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to check kids in or out of the Y-KidzCenter.
• Parents/guardians must remain in the Y facility while their children are in Child Care.
• Child Care hours are based on usage and are subject to change to better meet member and parent needs.
• The Y-Kidz Center will close 30 minutes prior to its scheduled closing time if no children are present.
• Educational opportunities focus on fine motor, gross motor, language, creative arts and manipulative development.
• Enjoy lots of games and planned activities in this staffed-area.
• Nightly-themes focus on nutrition, crafts, science and other hands-on projects.
• Y-Kidz Staff can provide diaper changes, but only with the consent of a parent. Parents must provide the child’s personal supplies: diapers, wipes, labeled bottles, a comfort item, etc.
• If your child has recently had a contagious illness or has an allergy, please inform Child Care staff.
• For the health and wellbeing of other children & staff, please do not use the Y-Kidz Center if your child is ill or has been ill in the past 24 hours. Child Care staff reserve the right to turn away any children that exhibit symptoms of illness.
• For the comfort of all kids in the Y-Kidz Center, we will page a parent if attempts to calm a crying child are unsuccessful after 10 – 15 minutes.
• With parent permission upon arrival, children ages 9 – 14 can check themselves out of the Y-Kidz Center to use other parts of the Y on their own.