GROWING IN EXCITEMENT
For the convenience of our members, the Y provides limited Child Watch service free of charge to all members during posted hours.
This service is for children age 3 months old to preschool-age, and is available to parents/guardians to use while at the Y.
Your child’s time in our Child Watch will be a fun, enriching experience with activities, games, crafts and great opportunities for socialization and development.
Child Watch gives your child quality care in a safe and fun environment while you are at the Y.
Our caring and professional Child Watch staff are all certified in CPR and First Aid to ensure the safety of your children during their visit. In addition, staff work hard to develop a variety of age-appropriate activities to keep your children active and engaged!
Finally, staff serve as positive role models for your child, personifying the Y’s core values- caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
|CHILD WATCH HOURS|
|Monday – Friday||8:45 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Monday – Friday||4:15 PM – 7:45 PM|
|Saturday||7:45 AM – 12:00 PM|
(Child Watch use is limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day.)
Child Watch is FREE for all members.
• Child Watch is a member benefit only and therefore is not available to Day Pass purchasers.
• Members may bring a guest child to Child Watch, but must purchase a youth Day Pass at Member Services for that non-member child.
• AWAY Members can use Child Watch, FREE of charge.
• For their safety, all children must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian (18+) upon each visit to Child Watch. The parent/guardian who signs the child in, must also sign the child out, unless prior arrangements have been made with Child Watch staff. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to check kids in or out of Child Watch.
• Parents/guardians must remain in the Y facility while their children are in Child Watch.
• Child Watch hours are based upon usage and are subject to change to better meet member and parent needs.
• Child Watch will close 30 minutes prior to its scheduled closing time if no children are present.
• Educational opportunities focus on fine motor, gross motor, language, creative arts and manipulative development.
• Child Watch Staff can provide diaper changes, but only with the consent of a parent. Parents must provide the child’s personal supplies: diapers, wipes, labeled bottles, comfort item, etc.
• If your child has recently had a contagious illness or has an allergy, please inform Child Watch staff.
• For the health and wellbeing of other children & staff, please do not use Child Watch if your child is ill or has been ill in the past 24 hours. Child Watch staff reserve the right to turn away any children that exhibit symptoms of illness.
• For the comfort of all kids in Child Watch, we will page a parent if attempts to calm a crying child are unsuccessful after 10 – 15 minutes.