THE PLACE TO BE
For the convenience of our members, the Y provides a supervised Youth Center area with games, crafts and lots of social interaction. Kids can hang out and make new friends in a safe, fun and positive place. The Youth Center contains an adjoining computer lab for games or homework.
This area is for children in Kindergarten – 14 years old.
ur Youth Center is a Kid Scoop hotspot: children can learn about journalism and write articles that might get published in the Sioux City Journal newspaper!
YOUTH CENTER HOURS
Monday – Friday 4:15 PM – 7:45 PM
Saturday 7:45 AM – 12:00 PM
(Child Watch use is limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day.)
Youth Center is FREE for all Y Family memberships.
• Enjoy lots of games and planned activities in this staffed-area.
• Nightly-themes focus on nutrition, crafts, science and other hands-on projects.
• For their safety, all children must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian (18+) upon each visit to Youth Center. The parent/guardian who signs the child in, must also sign the child out, unless prior arrangements have been made with Youth Center staff. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to check kids in or out of Youth Center.
• Non-members must purchase a youth Day Pass at Member Services to use the Youth Center and other areas of the Y.
• AWAY Family Members can use the Youth Center, free of charge.
• Youth Center hours are based upon usage and are subject to change to better meet member and family needs.
• Parents/guardians must remain in the Y facility while their children are in Youth Center.
• Youth Center will close 30 minutes prior to its scheduled closing time if no children are present.
• For the health and wellbeing of other children & staff, please do not bring your children to the Youth Center if they are ill.
• With parent permission upon arrival, children ages 9 – 14 can check themselves out of the Youth Center to use other parts of the Y on their own.