Summer Swim Team
SWIM. LEARN. GROW.
The Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA Penguins Swim Team uses stroke introduction and aquatic conditioning to focus on building endurance and stroke technique on all major competitive strokes and encourages swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle.
When participants come to practices, our experienced coaches will help improve on the following important milestones:
– Proper stroke introduction and enhancing the bio-mechanics of a student’s swim form
– Developing endurance in the competitive strokes
– Developing competitive swimming skills, such as flip turns, starts, and finishes
$150 for the full 2021 Summer season
*Payment plans & scholarships are available
Summer Practice Schedule:
May 31 – July 31, 2021
Weeknights: Monday – Thursday at the South Sioux City Aquaplex
Pre-Team Practice Time:
4:45 PM – 5:30 PM
Penguins Team Practice Time:
5:45 PM – 7:00 PM
Requirements to join:
– Swimmers must be ages 6 -14 years old
– Swimmers must participate in a tryout that will consist of three elements: swim form, swim stamina, stroke knowledge.
– Each swimmer will be either be placed on pre-team or the team, according to their skill level, after tryouts are complete.
– A mandatory parents meeting will be held before the season begins. If you cannot make it in person we will offer a zoom option.
– A YMCA membership is required for all swimmers on our Penguins Swim Team but is not required for our pre-team.
Try outs EVERY Saturday in April from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
*Please contact Aquatics Director, Cailee Trudo in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402)404-8439